Black History Month
In honor of Black History Month, we’re giving away three $2,000 scholarships. To enter for your chance to win, submit a video on what Black History Month means to you and a little about your education goals. Our committee will review the selections and notify the winners.
- Fill out the form below.
- Upload a video on what Black History Month means to you.
- Include where you plan to attend school and what you plan to study.
- Submit the entry form, and your video.
(Be sure to read the Rules & Regulations for more detailed video content requirements.)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Chesapeake Utilities Corporation 2022 Black History Month Scholarship Giveaway (three (3) $2,000 awards) (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (“Sponsor”). The Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the Contest, each Participant(“Participant”) agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest is open to legal residents of the Carolinas, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia where not prohibited by law, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each Participant. All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2022.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter the Contest at CHPK.com/BlackHistory. Participants must fill out all required fields on the submission form and explain 1) What Black History means to Participant; and 2) How the scholarship funds will assist Participant in his/her scholastic endeavors (including college or trade school Participant is attending, or plans to attend, and Participant’s major field of study) in video format only. (See video submission details below.) After submitting the required information on the submission form and uploading the video, the Participant will be entered into the Contest. One entry per person per contest period.
- Videos must be filmed in widescreen (no vertical video will be accepted) and may be entered in one of two categories:
Tell us or show us what Black History means to you and how the scholarship funds will assist in your future endeavors by submitting a video that is no more than 60 seconds in length.
- Videos must NOT contain:
- Material that violates or infringes on another’s rights including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, and intellectual property;
- A focus on brand names or trademarks;
- Copyrighted material (such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs) without necessary authorizations;
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United State of America; or
- Amateur videos are welcomed. Entrants may use any type of video device to record videos, but all videos must be filmed in the widescreen or horizontal screen orientation.
- Videos can be in any style (e.g., testimonial, comedy, drama, documentary, animated, still art, or live action).
- Videos can be in any language, but must have English subtitles if not in English.
- Videos can show logos, organizations, or institutions if the display is incidental and not promotional. All decisions as to whether such display rises to the level of promotion will be determined by Sponsor’s staff on a case-by-case basis.
- By submitting a video, the Participant represents and warrants that:
- The Participant has obtained permission from each person whose name, image, likeness, or voice (“Likeness”) is included in the submission, and that such person(s) have granted the Participant all necessary rights to use the person’s Likeness as described in these rules, and that the Participant can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request.
- If the Likeness of a minor (under 18 years old as of February 1, 2022) is included, the minor’s parent or legal guardian has authorized the use of the minor’s Likeness on behalf of the minor.
- If your video is selected to be featured in the Video Compilation, you grant Chesapeake Utilities Corporation an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display, perform publicly, otherwise use, and authorize others to use, the video for promotional purposes.
- The Contest is subject to all Federal and state laws and regulations, as well as the rules dictating YouTube submissions.
- The Participant has read and abided by all the rules of this Contest.
- Video entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be considered
SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO
Video submission should be uploaded in its original format to Sharefile at https://chpk.sharefile.com/r-ra6cee84be41a464189d74ba5b2b22e3f. Video submission will not be accepted if shared by any other platform or format.
All Participants whose videos are selected to be featured in the Video Compilation will have their video featured in the Compilation Video posted on (but not limited to) the Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s official website, www.chpk.com/blackhistory, and Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Official social media pages.
All eligible entries received before the deadline of 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2022 will be reviewed by a panel of scholarship submission judges, who will select THREE (3) winners (the “Winners”).
Videos will be judged on content deemed most compelling regarding: entrant’s inspirations, immediate and future personal/educational goals, and scholarship use details. Winners will be announced on March 14, 2022. Announcement and instructions for prize will be sent to the e-mail address supplied on the potential prize winner’s entry form. Each Participant is responsible for monitoring his/her e-mail account for prize notification and receipt or other communications related to this Giveaway. Winner will be notified from a Chesapeake Utilities Corporation email address ending in @chpk.com. If any Winner cannot be reached by Sponsor within seven (7) days, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, said Winner shall forfeit the prize. Upon the request of the Sponsor, Winners may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form. If any Winner fails to comply with these official rules, said Winner will be disqualified, and another winner will be selected. Prizes may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received.
ODDS OF WINNING:
The odds of winning for each of the 3 winners are dependent upon total number of eligible entries received.
$2,000 paid via check to each of the 3 winners. Maximum value per winner is $2,000.
Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of each Winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. SPONSOR AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST.
By participating, each Participant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
This Giveaway is sponsored by:
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
500 Energy Lane
Dover, Delaware 19901
Any questions regarding this Contest should be directed to Jennifer Gnann at [email protected].