New version features highly anticipated enhancements
Norcross, Georgia – BravePoint®, Inc. today announced the release of version 4.0 of its Pro2™ Enterprise Suite, part of the Pro2 product line consisting of Pro2SQL, Pro2Oracle, and Pro2Pro.
The Pro2 Enterprise Suite of replication products enables users to gain access to mission critical data from their Progress-based system, quickly and easily without disruption to normal business operations or risk to the stability of the transactional database.
Clients have long enjoyed the benefits of Pro2 products, but version 4.0 brings some exciting new advantages. “We now have over 100 customers of Pro2 replicating from over 300 Progress data sources. This version has many enhancements specifically requested by them,” says Terry Mays, Product Manager for the Pro2 Suite. “Not only does this version meet many of our clients’ requests, but it also supports our strategic mission for this product suite as a global enterprise solution,” Terry added.
The latest version features multi-threading capability, WAN capability, improved data mapping (including an auto-mapping option), Oracle support and more.
- Multi-Threading Capability
- Five threads capable of being used in any fashion
- WAN Capability
- Full WAN-based support for implementation and replication
- AppServer awareness
- Data Mapping
- Improved functionality; new auto-mapping option added
- Ability to “exclude” items via editable Table/Field mapping
- Built-in database connection awareness enhances mapping information
- Oracle Support
- New capability utilizes larger Oracle commit statements for faster throughput
- Utilizes native Oracle bulk load for enhanced performance
Headquartered in Norcross, Georgia, BravePoint®, Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, training, and application development to a variety of clients worldwide. Since 1987, BravePoint has applied business experience and technology expertise to improve customers’ profitability and competitiveness in the Progress® (NASDAQ: PRGS) market. BravePoint is a subsidiary of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK, www.chpk.com). For more information about BravePoint, please visit www.bravepoint.com.
# # #
For more information, contact: