Dover, Delaware – Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) recognized Chris Bonney, Gas Control Manager for Eastern Shore Natural Gas Company, as the Company’s exemplary manager for 2009. Mr. Bonney, a resident of Harrington, DE received the “Peake Manager of the Year” award at the Company’s annual Delmarva Peake Party held on February 27th at the Dover Downs Resort and Casino in Dover, Delaware.
In addition, the Company named the 2009 Peake Performers for its Delmarva business units, including Chris Matthews, a resident of Pungoteague, VA and Service Technician for Sharp Energy, Inc.; Glen DiEleuterio, a resident of Wilmington, DE and Senior Engineer for Eastern Shore Natural Gas Company; and Susan Kosikowski, a resident of Dover, DE and Human Resources Generalist for the Company’s corporate office.
“The Company is honored to present these awards to four employees who went above and beyond their job responsibilities and demonstrated exemplary performance and dedication to their jobs,” said Michael P. McMasters, President and COO. “They have consistently exhibited excellence while demonstrating the Company’s CHOICE values.”
“CHOICE” refers to the Company’s values program, representing Communicator, Helpful, Ownership, Informed, Caring and Excellence. The values program reinforces Chesapeake’s goal to be the Company of CHOICE for its customers, employees, community, investors and business partners.
The Company also recognized 35 employees who have five to forty years of service with the Company, and more than 40 employees with awards for commendable job performance. The employees awarded for years of service include the following:
- Forty Years — Ralph Schieferstein, Felton, DE.
- Thirty-Five Years — Charles Russell, Salisbury, MD.
- Thirty Years — Mike Clairmont, Viola, DE; and Andy Padilla, Clayton, DE.
- Twenty-Five Years — John Schimkaitis, Bradenton, FL; and Don Tough, Milford, DE.
- Twenty Years — Patty Connors, Hartly, DE; George Craig, Dover, DE; Sherry Marsh, Chincoteague, VA; and John McComb, Elkton, MD.
- Fifteen Years — Howard Hall, Princess Anne, MD; Joe Rodriguez, Dover, DE; and Karen Shockley, Salisbury, MD.
- Ten Years — Dave Armor, Dover, DE; Jerry Burkert, Dover, DE; Amanda Chi, Dover, DE; Joshua Denham, Georgetown, DE; Lisa Klotz, Frederica, DE; Michelle Parker, Salisbury, MD; Lee Patrick, Easton, MD; Janice Thompson, Smyrna, DE; David Timmons, Delmar, MD; and Bill Woods, Dover, DE.
- Five Years — William Bather, Camden-Wyoming, DE; A.J. Boone, Salisbury, MD; Mike Brown, Dover, DE; Danita Carroll, Salisbury, MD; Larry Miller, Eden, MD; Becky Palladino, Bloxom, VA; Chris Redd, Milton, DE; Holly Smith, Hebron, MD; Trisha Smith, Greenwood, DE; Tammy Wheatley, Laurel, DE; Mark Wood, New Church, VA; and Geoff Wright, Temperanceville, VA.
This year, the Company’s Delmarva natural gas operations presented the “Creative Solutions Award” in recognition of the major strategic initiatives and significant planning efforts undertaken by both the Delmarva transmission and distribution units in developing unique and “creative” solutions to solve customers’ energy needs on the Delmarva Peninsula and throughout the region. The recipients of this award included the following:
- Chesapeake Utilities’ Distribution Team: Shane Breakie, Middletown, DE; Jennifer Clausius, Lewes, DE; Marie Kozel, Dover, DE; Dorrie Moore, Frederica, DE; Chris Redd, Milton, DE; Charlie Russell, Salisbury, MD; and Darrell K. Wilson, Salisbury, MD.
- Eastern Shore Natural Gas Company’s Transmission Team: Amanda Chi, Dover, DE; Ron Craig, Smyrna, DE; Cynthia Davis, Magnolia, DE; Glen DiEleuterio, Wilmington, DE: Marvin Johnson, Hartly, DE; Eric Pearson, Dover, DE; Chris Stryker, Frederica, DE; Richard Welsh, Dover, DE; and Jason Woody, Dover, DE.
The Company’s Delmarva natural gas operations also presented the “